How do you make friends in the church? In this episode, the gang tackles fellowship and finding your way in relationships with other Christians in your church.
0:00 – INTRO
0:58 – WHY ARE FRIENDSHIPS SO IMPORTANT WITHIN THE CHURCH?
Jesus said, “By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another” (John 13:35).
Fellowship = creating spiritual friends
3:03 – WHAT ARE SOME WAYS FOR MAKING FRIENDS IN CHURCH?
- Introduce yourself to the greeter. Go to the welcome area.
- Attend the same Sunday worship service each week and meet those around you
- Introduce yourself to a new person
7:15 – WHAT GROUPS OR ACTIVITIES CAN PEOPLE JOIN TO MEET OTHERS?
Small groups & Bible studies
9:03 – VOLUNTEERING/SERVING
Volunteering is a great way to serve others and make friends!
10:55 – NURSERY/CHILDREN’S MINISTRY IS A HUGE OPPORTUNITY!
Best evangelism opportunity! Best discipleship opportunity! Easy on-ramp (don’t need special skills). And will connect you to lots of families and people in the church.
12:58 – OTHER ACTIVITIES AND SPECIAL GROUPS FOR MAKING FRIENDS?
- Places to serve: kids in summer Vacation Bible School, teenagers in youth group, sports through the church or with other members
- Affinity groups: addiction groups, financial classes, single parents, young adults
- Don’t only get involved with people like you!
15:45 – SO WHAT?
There are many ways to create fellowship within your church: through programs and organically
16:28 – WHAT’S YOUR NEXT STEP?
REACH OUT: To someone new, someone you already know, or someone older
17:22 – THANK YOU & WRAP UP