Binmin is looking for a Social Media Intern to brainstorm, create, and post social media and web content in collaboration with the Social Media Coordinator. This individual will also assist the Binmin team in assessing and implementing the direction for digital content for the summer of 2021 and beyond.
Download the role description
Complete the application
Binmin is launching a summer internship for 2021. We’re looking for someone ready to bring a fresh vision to our social media influence. This hands-on internship program is an opportunity for you to show an emerging non-profit team, social media followers, and future employers that you have what it takes to make a difference.
You’ll use your skills to create work that matters and hits the digital landscape immediately. At Binmin, you’ll be trusted to add value to real projects. We want you to leave this experience with practical skills, a stronger network of relationships, and greater perspective. Accelerate your professional growth by joining a team that cares about you personally and is ready to make an investment in your future.
- Title: Social Media Intern
- Hours: Flexible, 3-10 hours/week
- Dates: Summer 2021
- Location: Remote
- Compensation: Unpaid Internship
- Reports to: Communication Director
Projects & Responsibilities
- Meets weekly with Social Media Coordinator or Communication Director (virtual/phone)
- Researches what type of content is best for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Helps create social media content calendar
- Creates and schedules/posts social media posts for Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Schedules/posts blog articles on Binmin website
- Offers feedback to assess existing content and recommendations for future content
Necessary Skills & Experience:
- Deep understanding of social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Excellent writer and communicator
- Has examples of social media posts/profiles to showcase from past jobs, classes, or personal accounts
- Impressive interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people at all levels
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter who is comfortable working remotely and can self-manage tasks to completion
- Vision: Supports vision of Binmin
- Leader Development: Strong interpersonal skills. Displays willingness to be developed and takes responsibility for personal development.
- Spiritual Disciplines: Practices spiritual disciplines and exhibits spiritual vitality
- Discipleship: Pours into other’s lives for their spiritual growth
- Theology: Knows basic doctrines and is able to share them clearly with others
- High school graduate
As a ministry, we look for team members that align with the following values:
- God-honoring: Honor God first in what we create and how we do it. Our lives, gifts and relationships are meant to be used humbly for his glory over anything else.
- Accessible: Our resources are understandable, interesting, and connect with real life.
- Depth: We help people deepen their understanding, their theology, their spiritual life, and their intimacy with God. We work hard to be trustworthy.
- Fun: We enjoy what we’re doing, and want to invite others into that. We encourage, seek to point to a positive worldview, and laugh a lot.
About the Organization
Binmin is a resource ministry that helps young men and women find their clear next step in their spiritual lives.
Our team of creators produces fresh resources about the Christian life for anyone to access. We create videos, podcast episodes, and articles that explore seven areas of the Christian life: spiritual disciplines, Bible knowledge, discipleship, soul care, pre-evangelism (apologetics), evangelism, and cultural engagement. We are committed to understanding how to live out the Christian faith and sharing its life-changing power to others.
Binmin is an emerging go-to voice on the Christian spiritual life. We’re excited about our future, and we’d love for you to play a part in creating it.